Daily Rituals: Create A Positive Mindset For A Happier Life
Leading a healthy life is deeply connected to a holistic system that is of course based on the right nutrition, workout program and sleeping routine but we should not underestimate the power of our mindset.
Our mind and thoughts play a vital role in our overall well-being.
When we take care of our thoughts we not only carry a positive attitude towards the outside but can also directly support our health system from the inside – our physical and emotional health – so that it can flourish in all the beautiful ways it is designed to.
Positive thinking can help manage stress and boost your immune system as well as preventing other health problems that are linked with it.
What exactly is a positive mindset?
The mind produces positive thoughts that lead to good feelings, positive language and taking good actions. It is an optimistic approach to life that will reflect in the things you do. So you would be solution driven for example rather than focusing on the problem and its negative outcome.
A positive mindset is a huge benefit in everyone’s life: helping face daily tasks, responsibilities and pressures of everyday life with positivity and confidence, approaching challenges with the attitude of how to make the best of it.
We are formed by upbringing, education, experiences, amongst others, that can have a strong impact on the way we think, the way we speak, the way we act. Hence creating a positive mindset takes time and daily practice.
Your mind and body are communicating at any given moment – so let’s gently add some powerful, healthy thoughts into the constant chatter of your mind.
Making them a daily ritual that with time turns into a habit would be the key in making them an inherent part of your life.
Here are a few ideas on how to create a positive shift in your mindset:
- Simply smile – it sends happy thoughts straight to your mind. Reflect on happy moments in your life, people you love or situations that made you feel good and you’ll see you’ll smile. Also smiling at random people is a great experience as in return you’ll be presented with a smile that again causes happiness in you and your counterpart. Priceless.
- Choose one important field or situation of your life that you’re grateful for. Practicing gratitude is very valuable. A daily ritual that is a fundamental part of my life. You should try it, it’s precious and feels good.
- Focus on your strength and the things you love about yourself or that your friends and family love about you. Choose about 2-3 positive traits and make it a lovely routine to do so every day.
- Consciously replace your negative thoughts with positive ones. Instead of blaming circumstances or other people, seeing only the negative in them and taking things too personal, turn your thoughts around and think about two positive thoughts concerning this matter.
- The same applies to your language: rather than saying „I will fail, I can’t do it, this is too hard…“ You could say: „I can do it, I will try, this is a great challenge that can help me grow“.
- Consciously focus on the positive aspects of a situation instead of the negative outcomes. Try to find solutions and regard problems as an opportunity for growth and thrive.
- Don’t compare yourself to others – concentrate on what makes you special and interesting. Because you are!
- Surround yourself with people who have a positive attitude on life and enjoy the good company of these mindsets. I always find it very exciting and inspiring.
- Become aware of the fact that you are the only person in charge of your life. Isn’t that fantastic! Whatever you want to create, experience or achieve is waiting for you. If you don’t take care of your well-being, who else will?
- I find healthy, clean food and regular exercise, walks in nature as well as a good night sleep have a huge impact on my thoughts and the quality of life. Following a conscious lifestyle is hence very helpful in feeding your mind with goodness.
- I like to listen to inspiring and smart talks on TED, read motivating quotes, articles or books that move and encourage me, that have an impact on the way I think and feel. I also find speaking with people who have a positive outlook on life very helpful and energizing. It opens my horizon. You should try that on regular basis.
So to sum it up: a positive attitude can help you have a better and happier life. These few daily rituals to develop your mind positively can help make a change that you will feel and see. Practice will make it get easier everyday. And you’ll soon get into the habit of being positive about situations, yourself – about life.
Enjoy the change and feel free to share!
Here are a few good TED talks. Let yourself be inspired:
„Once your mindset changes, everything on the outside will change along with it.“ – Steve Maraboli