05 Jun Daily Rituals: Get Your Quality Sleep And Wake Up With A Smile
A holistic conscious lifestyle is not only based on the right nutrition and on your workout, but also on quality sleep.
When we sleep our bodies have the ability to regenerate, they go into a repair mode.
While sleeping our cells grow and regenerate which is the best anti-aging treatment. Also a good night sleep highly affects our mood and energy level and helps being emotionally balanced and mentally sharp.
The way you sleep is the way your day goes.
Our bodies adapt to regular routines very well if we stick to them. The key to a good night sleep is to experiment though and feel what works best for you.
Here are some tips and bed time habits to improve your sleep:
- Stick to a sleeping routine to get in tune with your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle. Set a regular bedtime: Go to bed at the same time every night and wake up every morning at the same time naturally. It might take a few weeks until you’re on your natural sleep schedule
- The optimal amount of high quality sleep: is: 7-9 hours per night – what works well for others might not be right for you. So find out how much sleep you really need.
- Eat your dinner on a regular schedule. Enjoy a light meal that is easy to digest approx. 4-6 hours before bed time and avoid snacking.
- Exercising on a regular basis – but not later than 6 hours before bedtime
- Cut down on your caffeine intake
- Switch off electronic devices to calm your mind and your senses
- Practice relaxation techniques: deep breathing, positive thoughts & visualization
- Practice rituals before bed time: like lavender tea, warm baths, soft music that calms your mind
- Make sure your room is cool about 18 degrees celsius
- Make sure your room is dark for a good melatonin production. Melatonin is a hormone that influences your sleep-wake cycle and is being regulated by light exposure. Artificial lighting disrupts melatonin production, so keep your room dark for a melatonin boost and for a good night sleep.